Thursday, April 7, 2011

Life Strategy

Maybe this is all a part of being in college, but for me I wish there were just a few more hours in the day. Granted I'd probably waste them procrastinating, but I'd feel less stressed in the end I think.
The other day I jokingly made a comment that I have no life. I go to class, do homework, eat when it's convenient, and sleep. It gets a little more complex on the three days of the week that I spend a few hours volunteering. I also try to fit in the gym, and the few TV shows I keep up with, such as The Office.
But my social life is limited, I mean unless you live in the same room as me, you probably won't see me around. Even if you live with me you might not see me. It's to the point where I have to schedule who I eat meals with so we can catch up. I'm not complaining about my busy schedule, I'm just beginning to realize the reality of it. Also the beauty of it.
I don't have any free time to sit around and mope about being lonely, stressed, depressed, or anything at all. I can do that when I lay in bed at night, but on most occasions I'm too exhausted so I fall right asleep.  For me I know if I have a task such as a homework assignment due there is little room for me to worry about much else. I have a one track mind you could say.
My course work has definitely got the best of me this semester. When you spend your Friday nights reading your Physics and Chemistry textbook instead of venturing downtown with your friends, you realize the heavy science and math courses have taken over. I remember how last semester I had what seemed like endless piles of free time, but I'm not so sure I'd want that back.

No comments:

Post a Comment